This is one of my favorite chocolate cake recipes, especially when it is paired with delicious chocolate frosting. If you want to get fancy and make a multi-layer cake, you can bake a 9″x 13″ cake and cut it into squares.
Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cake
From Hershey’s Recipe Collection
Amount: 10-12 servings or 30 cupcakes
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 9″x 13″x 2″ pan OR two 9″ round pans OR a 12-cup bundt pan. Alternatively, line muffin tins with paper cups.
- Stir together dry ingredients (sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water. (The batter will be very thin.)
- Pour batter into pan(s) OR muffin tins.
- Bake for:
- 35-40 minutes if using a 9″x 13″x 2″ pan
- 30-35 minutes if using two 9″ round pans
- 50-55 minutes if using a bundt pan
- 22-25 minutes if using muffin tins
- Allow cake or cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.