My friends and I found this recipe for pasta on AllRecipes. We decided to add some Italian sausage, and we loved the result!
Linguine Pasta with Shrimp, Sausage, and Tomatoes
Yield: 6 servings
2 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups diced tomatoes
1 cup dry white wine
salt and black pepper to taste
1 (16-oz) package linguine pasta
1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
1 pound Italian sausage (the kind without a casing)
1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
Shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sautee garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and wine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often, until tomatoes turn into a sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Put in linguine and return to a boil.
- Cook linguine uncovered for about 11 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Drain linguine in a colander in the sink and run cold water over it.
- In a bowl, season shrimp with Cajun or Creole seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp for 5 minutes until the outside is pink and the center is no longer translucent.
- Remove shrimp and stir fry Italian sausage in the leftover oil.
- Stir linguine into the saucepan with the sauce. Stir in shrimp and Italian sausage. If desired, top with shredded Parmesan cheese.