This Spanish rice dish comes from my friend’s family recipe, and it’s amazing. It goes wonderfully with dishes such as chilis rellenos.
Yield: 4 servings
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup white rice
1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes and jalapenos (or just stewed tomatoes, if you don’t like spicy foods)
1 cup water
1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Dump in rice and stir constantly until it turns golden brown.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add can of diced tomatoes and jalapenos (or stewed tomatoes), water, and beef bouillon.
- Stir together and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.