I like baked chicken with vegetables because it’s a tasty and reliable dish, and it’s great when you’re too tired to cook and just want something simple. You can supplement it with rice and stir-fried zucchini if desired.
Simple Baked Chicken
- Chicken drumsticks and/or thighs with bone in
- Potatoes of your choice
- 1 onion
- Salt, pepper, and basil or thyme to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- 1/2 lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and basil or thyme over each piece of meat. Rub in the spices.
- Arrange drumsticks and/or thighs in a large baking pan.
- Squeeze lemon juice (if using) over them.
- Chop potatoes roughly and slice carrots and onion.
- Scatter vegetables around the meat and sprinkle vegetables with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Halfway through, open the oven and stir the vegetables.