I’ve tried different guacamole recipes, but this one remains my favorite. The blend of flavors is perfect. Just make sure there are plenty of people to help eat it, because guacamole doesn’t keep well and it would be a shame to waste any of it!
Adapted from Alton Brown on the Food Network
Yield: 1 batch (serves 4-5 hungry people)
3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or a little over 1/4 teaspoon regular salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
In a large bowl, place scooped avocado pulp and lime juice. Toss to coat.
Using a potato masher or a large spoon, mash in the salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
Fold in onions, tomatoes, garlic, and cilantro and jalapeno if using.
- Eat immediately.