The name of these cookies says it all – they’re big and fat and better yet, in this hot summer weather, they go perfectly with a generous scoop of ice cream.
Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from All Recipes
Yield: 18 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup white OR brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the melted butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs until light and creamy.
- Beat in baking soda and salt.
- Mix in flour until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. (You can make the cookies a little smaller, if you’d like.)
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the edges are lightly toasted.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.