I can’t remember where I found this butternut squash soup recipe (maybe on All Recipes), but I’ve used it for years and love it. The soup is very easy to make, healthy, and tasty.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 (32-oz.) container chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, butternut squash, and chicken broth into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for 40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer soup to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.