If you’re baking cookies for friends and family this holiday season, Hershey’s peanut butter cookies topped with Kisses are delicious. They’re fun to make too, as you press Kisses into each hot cookie.
- Flatten each dough ball slightly to minimize cracking when you press the Kisses into the cookies.
- Unwrap all the Kisses first, because you want to press them onto the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven. Otherwise, the Kisses won’t stick as well.
- Hershey’s Hugs look cute too, but they melt a lot more than Kisses, so I don’t recommend using them.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Adapted from Hershey’s
Yield: 48 cookies
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/6-1/3 cup granulated sugar, depending on how sweet you want them
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in baking soda and salt.
- Gradually beat flour into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and flatten slightly between your palms. Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie might crack slightly around edges.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Try not to touch the chocolates until they’ve cooled because they partially melt from the heat from the cookie.