Honey soy sauce chicken drumsticks are tasty and simple to make, another great dish for those busy weekdays.
Honey Soy Sauce Chicken
Adapted from Just One Cookbook
Yield: 1 1/2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine OR sake OR dry sherry
- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place honey, soy sauce, and alcohol in a gallon Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and scrunch it around to mix the seasonings.
- Prick the chicken thoroughly with a fork.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and rub it in.
- Place chicken in Ziploc bag and seal, squeezing out the air.
- Rub the bag around to coat the chicken with the marinade. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet or baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Arrange chicken drumsticks, skin side up, on baking sheet or pan. Pour marinade over them.
- Bake for 40 minutes.