The beauty of making pizza at home is that you can customize it to your heart’s content. This pizza dough is quick and easy to make (probably the most complicated step is rolling it out), and the spices make it particularly fragrant and delicious.
Quick and Easy Pizza Crust
Adapted from All Recipes
Yield: 12-13″ pizza crust
- 1 (.25-oz) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110ºF if you want to be precise; I just stick my finger in it to check that it feels warm)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I use McCormick’s Perfect Pinch blend, which doesn’t have salt)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Lightly grease a pizza pan, if it is not non-stick.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt, Italian seasoning, and oil.
- Stir in flour and mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes. If the dough feels sticky or tacky, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time. The dough should feel soft and smooth to the touch.
- Let dough rest in bowl for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll out dough into a 12-13″ circle.
- Transfer crust to pizza pan and spread with desired toppings.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.