Garlic lovers, this one is for you! If your lamb chops are thicker than the recommended 1/2 inch, use the cooking directions from here.
Lamb Chops Sizzled with Garlic
From Food & Wine
Yield: 8 lamb chops
- Eight 1/2-inch-thick lamb loin chops (about 2 pounds), fatty tips trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin if you have it
- 10 small garlic cloves, halved
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh if you have it
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and sprinkle lightly with thyme.
- In a very large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering.
- Add the lamb chops and garlic and cook over moderately high heat until the chops are browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the chops and garlic and cook until the chops are browned, about 2 minutes longer for medium meat.
- Transfer the chops to plates, leaving the garlic in the skillet.
- Add the water, lemon juice, parsley, and crushed red pepper (if using) to the pan and cook, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom, until sizzling, about 1 minute.
- Pour the garlic and pan sauce over the lamb chops and serve immediately.