What better way to celebrate the summer than by grilling with friends? This recipe for homemade patties comes from one of them, a guy who loves to host large gatherings. The burger was so good that I wished I had a second stomach so I could keep eating.
Yield: 8 burgers
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 hamburger buns
- Burger toppings: cheddar cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, barbecue sauce, etc.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 8 patties.
- Grill burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 4 minutes.
- Flip over burgers and cook until golden brown and slightly charred on the second side, about 4 minutes for medium, or until cooked to desired doneness. If desired, top with a slice of cheese in the last minute of grilling and close the grill cover.
- Assemble burger with your favorite toppings.